Each year the Mount Dora Heroes Foundation holds this fundraiser as a way to help and support the Mount Dora Police Department's K9 Program in two main areas:
- Assist with the placement and support of retired police dogs.
- Grow and advance the Mount Dora Police Department’s K-9 unit.
Nominations and voting take place through December 2, 2018. Votes will be tabulated and the winner will be announced on December 3, 2018.
All "Caninedates" with a Mount Dora residential or business address are eligible.
Our Canine Mayor serves for one year beginning January 2019. Benefits of the office include:
- Being sworn into office by the City of Mount Dora Mayor at a regular City Council meeting in January.
- Receiving an official collar, a gift basket, and a certificate of office.
- Exclusive use of a reserved parking spot at the City Dog Park.
- Being honored in and representing the City of Mount Dora during the annual Independence Day and Christmas parade, along with other community events.
- Bragging Rights as the "Honorary Canine Mayor of Mount Dora."
We are proud to announce that the 2018 Canine Mayor Election and Paw Parade raised $3,010. The Heroes Foundation is thankful for the community support we receive and look forward to breaking our previous record, with your continued assistance.
IT'S EASY TO ENTER AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE PUP:
- Nominate your favorite "Caninedate" and pay to submit your entry. (Your nomination payment of $10 includes your pup's first vote.)
- Vote for your favorite pups, with $10 per vote.
Note: All "Caninedates" are invited to participate and "campaign" in the Paw Parade to be held downtown on November 24th. All Caninedates are automatically registerd in the Paw Parade. (Non-caninedates are welcome to participate, registration is $5.00 per pet. Click here Register)